The ongoing project of the PCNQ looking at what it means to be a progressive Christian has had some wonderful input since our seminar on this topic. This came in from one of the members:
By calling ourselves progressive Christians, we mean we are Christians who ….
- Follow the way of the radical teachings of Jesus that leads to healing and wholeness that brings each person to Sacredness, Oneness and Unity of Life. These new sources of wisdom including the Earth enhance our spiritual journey.
- Seek to create community that is inclusive of all people including but not limited to:
- Conventional Christians and questioning skeptics
- Believers and agnostics
- People of all races, cultures and nationalities
- Those of all sexual orientations and gender identities
- People of all classes and abilities
3. Live our lives as Jesus did showing radical compassion, inclusion and a willingness to challenge radical injustices.
4. Commit to life long learning and contemplation as we search for discernment with an open mind and an open heart.
Warren Rose 29SEP2021
Your thoughts are always welcome. Just hit Reply.