The Progressive Christianity Network of South Australia (PCNet SA) aims to bring together those who seek to explore and express a Christian faith relevant to the 21st century. We actively foster the search for meaning and the development of a contemporary spirituality. A number of events are held each year to assist in this exploration. PCNet SA is located in the Effective Living Centre at Christ Church UC, Wayville, SA. Christ Church is an inclusive, theologically progressive community that seeks to express a compassionate spirituality. Their creative and encouraging services cater to both children and adults, celebrating the best of the old with the possibility of the new. Their worship music seeks a balance of styles and instrumentation.
GOALS OF PCNet SA
- To unravel the mysteries of the Bible
- To reconstruct a credible faith
- To explore a spirituality for our times
- To be inspired by the compassion of Jesus
- To promote social justice and reconciliation
- To appreciate the spiritual depths of the First Peoples
- To affirm the contributions of all faiths
- To redress our failure to care for Mother Earth
SEMINARY OF THE 3rd AGE
The Seminary of the 3rd Age is a program conducted by respected theological scholars and leaders, it offers persons young and old, of any faith or no faith, the opportunity to explore and reflect on questions of faith and spirituality relevant in the 21st century.
Each seminar topic in Sem3A runs for four weeks taking place on Thursday evenings during the months of March, May, August and October each year.