Thank you to UCFORUM subscribers who recommended Wembley Downs UC
130 Calais Road, (cnr of Minibah Street)
Wembley Downs, Western Australia.
Phone 08 9245 2882
Ten kilometres northwest of Perth city centre,
set amongst the suburbs of City Beach, Churchlands,
Scarborough, Wembley Downs and Woodlands
WORSHIP SERVICES are held in our multi-purpose building, the normal time for all services is 9.30 am, Second Sunday services are followed by sharing time and a sausage sizzle, on 5th Sundays, we share a combined service with Wembley Downs Church of Christ at 9.30am, the venue being each of the two church buildings alternately.
“A place for radical Worship and a place for Radicals to Worship”
that seeks to be a community of Christian people who:-
- follow the way of Jesus, allowing his gospel to inform how they lead their lives in a changing world
- welcome all, regardless of race, age, or gender
- join together regularly in worship and activities which enable them to live out God`s love in the world
- recognise that every person is unique and encourage all to share their wisdom and gifts
- affirm, support, nurture and accompany each other on their spiritual journeys
- are committed to living out their faith by serving wherever called.
“Worship at Wembley Downs is multi-faceted. The first Sunday in the month is dedicated to diversity. On the second Sunday, we seek simplicity. On the third Sunday we have our Liturgical Service. On the fourth Sunday we push the envelope and go beyond the boundaries.
The word “Radical” is derived from the Latin word for “root”. On this fourth Sunday, we return to the root of our faith and seek to re-narrate it for our day and generation. We run the risk of irrelevancy if we look back and speak of a world that has gone.”