Our friends at St Michaels , the thinking person’s church, and the VICTAS Synod of the UCA have asked us to circulate this notice:
St Michael’s Uniting Church in Melbourne, Australia has commenced the process of Calling for the sole position of Minister of the Word. This position will be advertised within Australia and internationally to ensure the most excellent person is called.
We would appreciate if you would please distribute this email and the attached advertisement for Minister of the Word to anyone in your network you believe to be suitable and interested in this position.
St Michael’s is a vibrant, city church which has a unique Mission and Vision for the
21st Century. We are committed to an innovative and progressive theology which supports our spiritual and psychosocial wellbeing, environmental stewardship, and community outreach.
Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
Rev Alistair Macrae
Joint Nominating Committee
3rd December 2018
Applications are invited for the position of Minister of the Word St Michael’s Uniting Church Melbourne
An opportunity exists to lead and guide a receptive congregation, in a prestigious city church to its next phase of spiritual growth and development.
The congregation of St Michael’s is looking for a minister who embraces contemporary, progressive Christian theology.
St Michael’s enjoys a vibrant arts and music program which is integral to Sunday services and other scheduled events.
You must be a very well researched and inspiring preacher who understands the opportunities a well-resourced church can offer.
You need to demonstrate:
- Strong leadership ability and dynamic communication skills
- Your ability to inspire, energise and facilitate growth and commitment in the congregation, the life of the Church and its missions locally and globally
- A commitment to ongoing theological education, integrated with knowledge of other disciplines and contemporary thinking including promotion of psychological health.
- How you have supported pastoral care initiatives, with insight into emotional and spiritual support.
- Your experience, creativity and innovation in the development, management and evaluation of community projects.
- Your capacity to work collaboratively with others in the Uniting Church and beyond.
- Understanding of the dynamics of a city Church where all are accepted, and there is focus on the worth and dignity of every human being.
Applications Close February 27th 2019
For further information or to apply please contact:
Rev. Sue Withers Placements Secretary email@example.com
About St Michaels:
St Michael’s is a unique church in the heart of the city. Unique for our relevant, contemporary preaching that embraces inner wellbeing as our core message.
Sunday services include a mix of traditional and modern presentations. Inspirational music is integral, and most Sunday services include guest musicians, who perform in-between readings.
St Michael’s offers a wide variety of experiences for growth and change. It is a place which affirms and encourages the best expression of who you are and who you can be, not only through the Sunday service but numerous wellbeing programs and our commitment to counselling and psychotherapy.
We believe faith, spirituality and a meaning to life are vital ingredients for our health and wellbeing and that there is a need to get hold of a more authentic religious understanding and to express it more confidently and diversely.
Sunday services commence at 10 am.